What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Located in the heart of Markham, ON and reporting to the IT Manager, you will be a customer-focused Senior Systems Engineer, responsible for incident management and response, service requests, maintenance, and projects relevant to support AMD enterprise datacenter and cloud infrastructure. You will support and actively work on various Azure cloud's Identity services, Office 365 and some of the enterprise on-prem applications.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual with a consistent record in various Microsoft and cloud-based technologies and comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization. Also key is someone who is organized and analytical, detail-oriented, adept at working in a team environment, able to implement on time to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment. Should have excellent troubleshooting skills with ability to coordinate with various teams in a working session fix any issues in a timely manner. Does this sound like you?
As an Identity Engineer you will be responsible for developing identity strategy, implementing, and supporting identity management and privileged access management systems. You'll participate in creating access management and governance process development and execution. Additional responsibilities include:
- Analyze, architect, design and deliver Microsoft cloud solutions on Azure and Office 365 platforms.
- Evaluate and deploy enhancements to already deployed and emerging Office 365 technologies/applications and Identity solutions
- Identify, evaluate, design and adopt new IAM technologies suiting business requirements
- Test, troubleshoot and work independently to find solutions to address critical business needs or to resolve issues
- Help address operational issues and requirements
- Prepare technical Documentation for projects
Other Responsibilities include:
- Partner with off-shore team implementing large scale IT initiatives including operation improvement, new setup and installation, project implementations, etc..
- Ensure the reliable, efficient operation of Microsoft Office 365 workloads, Azure AD, on-prem AD and Exchange servers.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate various AMD and lead off-shore teams to troubleshoot and fix issues in timely manner
- Ordinate with various technical teams in discussions of strategy, planning, and implementation experience
- Identify opportunities for improvements in efficiency and responsiveness, make recommendations and assist with implementing efficiencies
- Continually seek opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Office 365, Teams, Exchange online, SharePoint Online and other aspects of Azure cloud. Including Extensive experience with Azure Identity platform, Office 365 ATP, Anti-spam, anti-Malware tool. Candidate will be required to configure auto-forward rules, external sharing (eg. SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Teams, etc.), Office 365 Groups, DKIM, SPF and DLP rules. Additional experience:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with on-premise Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange Server 2016.
- Knowledge of InfoSec best practices and how to deploy across MS platforms and solutions.
- IT Process knowledge and approach.
- Comprehensive Experience on Microsoft PowerShell to make certain automations, environmental updates and extract reports
- Azure MFA including configure, modify and maintain MFA policies. Also, Azure conditional access, Identity protection and other Azure security features including Office 365 encryption, classification policies in relation to Office 365.
- Strong knowledge on Microsoft PKI infrastructure, DNS, AD federation service, etc.
BS CS or similar is preferred (not required).
Markham, Ontario Canada
Requisition Number: 79898
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:Information Technology
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website