What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
In this position you will be an integral part of the hardware design process. The candidate will be responsible for developing better ways of creating AMD's next generation of ASICs. You will use your combined hardware/software background to help create common software flows used by all custom Analog component designers . CAD flow solutions and support encompass both the IP development process but also required verification techniques to ensure Analog IP model kits support a robust ASIC design environment. Interest in transistor level circuits and how to automate analysis, optimization, and spice characterization, analog RC extraction and using multiple programming languages is a strong benefit. A good understanding of UNIX, C, Perl, Tcl, hspice, spectre, skill, VHDL or Verilog and object oriented programming are assets. Ingenuity, excellent communication, outstanding problem-solving skills and common sense will enable you to ensure AMD ASIC's are developed on the leading edge.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with Analog macro component IP designers to debug tool flows for complex IP.
• Create, enhance and propose innovative tool flow infrastructures which enable development of cutting edge full custom component Analog schematics, layout and functional IP models.
• Lead EDA tool evaluations, present findings, release tools and partner/train users on new methods.
• Understand Analog design methods and collaborate with macro component designers to adjust work flows which enhance IP development quality and efficiency.
• Review technology file updates and release / customize Foundry Techfile and Cadence PDK kits.
• Build custom tool solutions to complement existing EDA tool capabilities.
• Improve and promote communication, teamwork, problem solving, mentoring and training.
• Prepare and facilitate training sessions during new flow role out.SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Looking for candidates who have strong hardware and software skills.
• This includes the ability to develop well-structured and maintainable software.
• A strong love of working with people and end user support is required.
• A deep understanding of circuit stability analysis and analog behavior and a love of learning are strong assets.
• Experience in several of Spice netlist, UNIX, C, Perl, Awk, c-shell, C, Makefile, TCL, Skill, Verilog and CGI., an understanding of analog design concepts, are assets.
• Experience with spice simulators is required.
• Insight into spice model card programming a strong benefit.
• Insight into Place and Route and RTL design a strong benefit.
• Excellent problem solving and verification skills are required.
• Candidate should have strong written and oral communication skills in order to work well with peers in Toronto and other AMD design sites across multiple countries.
Requisition Number: 76911
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: Design
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website