What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
AMD is hiring performance architects to analyze and optimize high-performance System-on-a-Chip (SoC) designs for Cloud computing, machine intelligence acceleration, and immersive mobile processing. Candidates excited to seek the most sophisticated and exciting challenges in the computing industry are encouraged to apply.
We have competitive benefit packages and award-wining culture. Join us!
- Serve as a Performance Architect in AMD's electronics design engineering team.
- Participate in microarchitecture exploration, performance modeling, and analysis for SoC designs that include next-generation CPU cores, memory technologies, scalable interconnects, and quality-of-service.
- Intimately understand design architecture and propose solutions to enhance performance.
- Responsible for micro-benchmarking, workload characterization, competitive analysis, bottleneck identification, and optimization.
- Develop tools and methodology for performance analysis of workloads.
- Communicate, propose, and implement solutions to processor and system performance issues.
- Experience with CPU, GPU, or computer system microarchitecture
- Experience with the development and usage of computer system performance models
- Experience with computer workload analysis
- Strong programming skills, including experience with C++ and Python (or similar)
- MS plus 2 years working knowledge of basic principles of performance engineering, computer architecture, and related software and hardware principles and methods
- MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a closely related field of study.
Requisition Number: 80486
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website