What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
SMTS Firmware Engineer
Provide consultation to internal and external customers regarding AMD features and programming requirements.
AMD's environment is fast paced, results oriented and built upon a legion of forward-thinking people with a passion for winning technology.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to work in an outstanding company like AMD - Join us!
Has knowledge with ACPI, USB, PCIE, SATA and other PC industry standard. Has good communication skills and be able to work both independently and in a team.
- Design, develop, and debug BIOS (System Software) for internal/external systems and platforms that use AMD APU/CPU
- Participant in day-to-day BIOS development work using PC assembly and C languages; will need to interact with internal organizations, BIOS vendors, and customers.
- Comfortable working with PC hardware and platform issues
- Must have strong system debugging skills.
- The following are typical tasks that the engineer will be responsible for:
- Design BIOS features required by AMD APU/CPU;
- Develop BIOS features for AMD new platforms crafted in house or externally; sustain existing BIOS; debug BIOS and system related issues;
- Assist APU/CPU validation, platform validation, and debug engineers to develop/debug system and silicon issues;
- Strong Knowledge about ACPI, USB, PCIE, SATA and other PC industry standard
- Good at X86 assembly and C language
- Familiar with at least one BIOS code base (AMI, Insyde or Phoenix BIOS).
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in BIOS related tools development is a plus.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Fixes code for firmware (IC embedded code) application.
- Involves collaboration on or assuming the consultative or leadership responsibilities for a specific project or for product development initiatives.
- Is required to deal with internal groups on behalf of the group or project.
- Has accountability for results in a particular area of work.
- May have limited accountability for a small number of engineers related to projects (2-5), (e.g., be involved in any of the following activities: interview and selection, day-to-day technical supervision or mentoring).
- Bachelor or Master, major in EE, CS or related area
Requisition Number: 80311
Country: China State: Shanghai City: Shanghai
Job Function: Design
Apply on company website