What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
GPU Compute and Graphics Architect
Create powerful new products that enable our customers, partners, and developers in general to tackle their computing task or visualization needs productively and creatively. We build state of the art hardware, software, and algorithms in the field of graphics, compute architecture, computer vision, and machine learning to develop appropriate SW-HW partitioning, architectures, models and specifications for HW/SW/FW implementations. Develop new hardware, algorithms, or adaptations to existing systems to enable new ground-breaking capabilities and experiences.
As a GPU Architect at AMD, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the world to develop industry leading algorithms, hardware and software that results in highly desired computing and rendering systems.
- Architect, model and analyze hardware and software codesigned features to improve new graphics, compute and machine learning products
- Identify emerging artificial intelligence algorithms and technology for use in GPU gaming systems, game development, or client-based PC systems
- Analyze graphics and compute algorithms to identify and eliminate performance limiters of hardware or software during pre-silicon development
- Develop ideas for new algorithms, or adaptations to existing algorithms that will enable new ground-breaking capabilities or performance through HW/SW implementation
- Implement, document and test new architectures to assure correctness and consistency with planned algorithm
- Strong analytical reasoning, problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Technical and illustrative writing skills
- Proficient and fluent in English verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Light North America travel
- 5-8 years of experience in a GPU hardware and software architecture development
- Multi-Core, Multi-Thread Architectures enabling performant irregular workloads
- Experience in ray/path-tracing hardware acceleration and software algorithms
- Experience in ML/Inference hardware acceleration, and algorithm development
- Strong GPU driver/compiler understanding with GPU graphics programming experience
- Knowledge in GPU general-purpose computing
- Strong programming and hardware modeling skills in C or C++ (GPGPU SIM a plus)
- Scripting language (Python, Perl) and UNIX/Linux experience, RTL a plus
- D3D, Vulkan and OpenGL graphics application knowledge and experience desired
- OpenCL/CUDA/ROCm development experience desired
MSEE, PHD Preferred
AMD is a government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by January 4, 2022. AMD will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request an exception from this requirement if you have a need for a religious and/or medical accommodation.
Requisition Number: 93186
Country: United States State: California City: Roseville
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website