WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives.
AMD together we advance_
AMD is looking for an influential software engineer who is passionate about improving the performance of key applications and benchmarks. You will be a member of a core team of incredibly talented industry specialists and will work with the very latest hardware and software technology.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about software engineering and possess leadership skills to drive sophisticated issues to resolution. Able to communicate effectively and work optimally with different teams across AMD.
- Apply a data minded approach to target optimization efforts
- Stay informed of software and hardware trends and innovations, especially pertaining to algorithms and architecture
- Design and develop new groundbreaking AMD technologies
- Participating in new ASIC and hardware bring ups
- Debugging/fix existing issues and research alternative, more efficient ways to accomplish the same work
- Develop technical relationships with peers and partners
- Proficient in Linux development environment
- Proficient with the use of software defect tracking process\
- Demonstrates and applies competency of software development concepts and methods (e.g. data structures, algorithms, Agile methodology)
- Demonstrates and applies competency of software build, analysis and debug tools (e.g. gdb, Trace32, Valgrind, Coverity, etc.)
- Demonstrates effective usage of technical communication and posting tools (e.g. Confluence, SharePoint)
- Strong object-oriented programming background, C/C++ preferred
- Ability to write high quality code with a keen attention to detail
- Experience with modern concurrent programming and threading APIs
- Experience with Multi-threaded software development in Linux environment
- Experience with software development in Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS – FreeRTOS, VxWorks, etc.)
- Experience in low level driver development, register interface programming, general algorithms and data structures, bootloaders/Uboot
- Experience with embedded processors such as ARM - debug/trace/AXI interconnect/Multicore-Processing/Cacheline/Instruction Pipeline/Interrupts/Timers
- Experience with Embedded IP subsystems e.g. PCIe/ Ethernet/SPI/I2C/USB/GPIO/Memory architectures /DDR/SDRAM/DMA
- Scripting language experience like Perl, Python or TCL is an advantage
- Experience with software development processes and tools such as debuggers, source code control systems (GitHub) and profilers is a plus
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply on company website