What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
- Investigation! This is a critical function for our premier product suite that ensures successful production launches and customer satisfaction.
- Uses data analysis, test debug and problem solving to identify and root cause yield limiters to drive improvements with current products and improve manufacturability of future products.
- Partners with Design, Test, and Platform Engineering to solve critical yield issues.
- Possesses excellent problem-solving skills
- Wants to Own Something that Matters: This is a definitive leadership role and requires someone who will drive and deliver solutions.
- Seeks New Challenges: Those who thrive in this role love to tackle new challenges and are able to flex across many fields, both technical and operational, to overcome any obstacle.
- Communication: Must have excellent interpersonal skills and will be interacting with audiences ranging from executives to entry level engineers. Ability to comprehend complex technical challenges.
- Adaptable: This role requires an ability to adjust to factors on the ground, guiding your team to deliver solutions while navigating real-time changes to business or customer requirements.
- Identifying “Symptoms and Potential Cause” of test and performance limiters.
- Resolving “Root Cause and Corrective Actions” & deploying “Solutions”.
- Work with engineering teams across multiple products to schedule and implement identified improvements.
- Understand the business needs, align product volume, and yield expectations and is responsible for ensuring the defined product meets customer requirements
- Product characterization and test point optimization
- Statistical methods and tools for data analysis
- DFT features such as ATPG Scan, memory BIST, JTAG, and at speed testing
- Effective communication and the ability to influence across organizational boundaries & geographically distributed teams
- Lead cross functional teams (design, test, product engineering) to establish strategic partnerships.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in developing and driving test improvements in advanced semiconductor products from new product introduction through maturity
- Demonstrated experience developing successful partnerships with across functional teams.
- Experienced driving improvements across test groups, design development, and manufacturing teams.
- AMD is a government contractor and subcontractor. As required by Executive Order, our US employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 regardless of the employee's work location or work arrangement (e.g., telework, remote work, etc.), subject to such exceptions as required by law. If selected, you will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination by January 4, 2022. AMD will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request an exception from this requirement if you have a need for a religious and/or medical accommodation.
Requisition Number: 127248
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Product Engineering
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website