What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The SoC GPU Model Development Engineer will have broad scope and work with multiple teams to gather SoC and IP component specifications, plan development to meet milestones, build models, and support internal and external stakeholders. This is a highly visible and impactful role with excellent growth opportunity.
You will develop GPU SoC Models of AMDs next-generation GPU designs, enable pre-silicon development of graphics drivers and system firmware, support emulation acceleration, performance and power modeling, and enhance our simulation and test infrastructure and software development methodology.The Person:
You are a skilled problem solver who thrives on developing efficient solutions to complex problems. You are not blocked by ambiguity, but rather, are resourceful and driven to bring clarity. You quickly grasp new concepts and technologies, and are innovative and always looking for ways to improve the status quo.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop functional models for AMD SoCs and IPs.
- Improve functionality, stability, and performance of existing models.
- Work closely with architecture teams to understand and model new designs.
- Develop test plans and tests for functional models.
- Work with internal and external customers to help debug problems running their workloads on the models.
- Deep understanding of system architecture and system software development.
- Experience writing high-performance system and application software in C/C++ for Windows and/or Linux environments.
- Strong understanding of x86, ARM or GPU architecture, drivers, and applications.
- Experience with Linux and/or Windows kernel debugging.
- Experience in functional modeling, architecture simulation, or hypervisor development would be a plus.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science preferred
It's a phenomenal time to join AMD! We offer excellent benefits, including paid time off (holidays, vacation and sick), annual bonus incentive, matching 401k, ESPP, tuition reimbursement, onsite fitness facility (at some locations), and more!
Requisition Number: 80125
Country: United States State: Texas City: Austin
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website