What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Software Developer The Role:
As a key member of our Enterprise Applications team with focus within our IT Global Operations & Supply Chain team, you will use your expert software engineering skills to develop and improve product security with a special focus on encryption. When you join our passionate and engaged team, you will notice right away we are committed to success. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing the performance of systems that impact AMD product life cycle and modifying to improve the quality of the generated code.The Person:
Your technical abilities will directly impact AMD's success with tier-one partners. You will work collaboratively with developers and global operations teams inside AMD. You are detail oriented with strong analytical and debugging skills, motivated, inventive, and ambitious. Must be self-motivated, able to work well within a team and able to adapt to a fast-paced environment.Key Responsibilities:
- Develop code, unit test, debug, and implement requests for programs, small projects, and system changes in a custom application environment with a focus on product security
- Assist in the development and documentation of system architecture, designs, and consult on encryption management solutions
- Analyze and improve performance of the infrastructure and applications
- Support business users in timely issue resolution
- Work both independently and as part of a strong, collaborative, and global team
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision
- Very good communicator, able to engage and effectively respond to diverse stakeholders.
- Since the position entails working with confidential information, a high level of integrity is required.
- Able to proactively support team culture that fosters knowledge sharing, excellence, and collaboration.
- Intermediate level software development experience in .Net, Java, C++, SQL, UNIX/Linux
- Must possess an understanding of all aspects of data, computer, and network security, including such areas as firewall administration, encryption technologies and network protocols.
- Experience with custom development solutions hosted on premise or in the Cloud
- Database development, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server.
- Web application development, Tomcat, JBoss or WebSphere.
- Working knowledge of cryptography and encryption key management an asset
- Relevant industry experience is highly beneficial
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology Systems Security or related field strongly preferredLocation:
It's a great time to join AMD! We offer outstanding benefits, including paid time off (holidays, vacation and sick), annual bonus incentive, matching 401k, ESPP, tuition reimbursement, onsite fitness facility (at some locations), and more!
Requisition Number: 79949
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function:Information Technology
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website