What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
SW Display, Solutions Engineer 2The Role:
The AMD Display Solutions Team is seeking hardworking Engineer to help develop new SW features, bring-up new video cards and take care of the quality of our Display driver. This role offers the opportunity to show off your technical skills such as kernel mode debugging, solving sophisticated engineering problems and architecting new C/C++ code.
In this position you will be working as a member of a high-performing agile team, which will have you working with everyone from SW architects to interns.
If you thrive in fast paced, technically challenging environments, where you get to work on a variety of different engineering problems with cutting-edge display technology this could be the perfect opportunity for you!Key Responsibilities:
- Design and development of driver code for industry leading display technologies (ie: FreeSyncTM, HDR, high resolution displays, etc.)
- Participating in new ASIC and hardware bring up
- Windows and/or Linux Kernel mode debugging
- Windows and/or Linux new and existing OS support
- Debugging and fixing existing driver issues
- C/C++ development background
- Experienced in low level driver development
- Kernel mode debugging
- BA or BS degree completed
- Enjoys working in an agile team environment
- 3+ years of industry experience is a plus!
- Interest in the latest display technologies - drive the pixels behind all your favorite PC games!
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
- Canada, Ontario, Markham
Requisition Number: 115163
Country: Canada Province: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website