What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The Software Security Engineering group is responsible for development and enablement of Platform and Content security features across the software stack including device drivers, firmware, and application level interfaces. The group is responsible for supporting the entire range of AMD products including APUs, CPUs and GPUs, enabling customers to build competitive solutions.
As a member of the Software Security Engineering group you will participate in all aspects of development life cycle. Driving enablement of security centric features across wide range of AMD SOCs, focusing on development of embedded firmware and graphics / multimedia drivers.
We have competitive benefit packages and award-winning culture. Join Us!
- Demonstrate flexibility, strong motivation, and a proven record of meeting aggressive deadlines as well as the ability to work as part of a team
- Must have proven abilities to tackle critical software problems, and will be working with innovative managers and engineers to engineering the ground breaking AMD silicon debug software.
- As a senior member of the team, you will also be responsible for code reviews, crafting unit tests, authoring detailed documentation related to your work, and working with on-site and off-shore teams to deliver the software solution on schedule.
- Engage as a teammate, use AGILE methodologies to drive cross team development, provide leadership to junior developers and always ready to tackle new challenges
- Experience with low level development in C / C++
- Experience with OS kernel/driver design and implementation with one or more operating systems is an asset
- An understanding of Windows DDI, Video playback pipeline and principles related to Premium content security is an asset
- Familiarity with pre-silicon validation on FPGAs or simulation environments along with ASIC bring-up
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills required
- Proven interpersonal skill, technical leadership and teamwork required.
- Solid knowledge of the software development lifecycle required.
- Must be proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Cryptography, Platform Security and DRM concepts would be an asset.
BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering required.
Markham, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 79905
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website