What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Title : Senior Manager SERDES Analog Design
The Role : The candidate will be a member of the SerDes design team responsible for defining, specifying, and implementing future SerDes IP.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and manage a team of SERDES analog design engineers, including among others: tasks assignments and progress tracking, schedule and priority management, performance review, coaching and talent development, and hiring.
- Work closely with various disciplines (e.g. Layout, Logical Design, Physical Design, Firmware, and Design Verification) across different geographies and time zones, to ensure successful cross-team engagement and high-quality execution
- Ensure quality of deliverables within schedule and mitigate overall risk
- Participate and contribute to the definition of development flows that improve efficiency and quality of execution
- Participate in definition of microarchitecture and in design implementation of various state-of-the-art, high-speed (32-64Gbps) analog/mixed-signal blocks for SerDes PHYs
Preferred Experience :
- A proven track record of managing/leading analog design teams and bringing development to production successfully
- A proven record of successful tape-outs in the area of high-speed analog design
- Strong/effective communication skills
- Enthusiastic team-first mentality
- Solid knowledge of industry-standard tools and best-in-class practices for analog/mixed-signal and high-speed designs
- Good knowledge in high-speed SerDes design (signaling/equalization techniques, analog/mixed-signal circuit design, and signal integrity)
- Good knowledge in advanced, deep submicron semiconductor technologies (experience with FinFET technology is a plus)
- Analytical thinking and inventive spirit in combination with a solid understanding of risks and risk mitigation
- Familiarity with Perl, Python, and/or MATLAB
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- BS , MS , PhD in electrical engineering
Requisition Number: 80001
Country: United States State: Massachusetts City: Boxborough
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website