What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Manager of HW Tool DevelopmentThe Role:
Manage the team responsible for hardware tool development in support of AMD Server SOCs and Silicon. This team will interface with Silicon Design, Firmware Design, Platform Design, Debug leads, and Software teams to provide detailed technical direction, drive focus and prioritize testing, execution, and issue debug for all aspects of AMD's Server HW tools development.The Person:
We are looking for a technical lead and people manager who has a strong understanding of PC architecture and functionality. Furthermore, the candidate should have experience with driving multi-site and multi-disciplined engineering teams.Key Responsibilities:
- Server HW tool development architecture and execution leadership across AMD
- Drive tool architecture, development, validation, and debug for existing and new microprocessor AMD Server SOC products
- Work with cross-organization teams to ensure Silicon, SW & Platform tool requirements are in sync, development is supported, and HW tool validation is planned
- Develop and drive detailed workflow for all Server tool architecture, development, validation, and debug
- Assure that all responsibilities are clearly defined across the Server HW tool development team along with other relevant and participating organizations
- Lead complex debug efforts for both internal and external (i.e. customer/partner) findings to identify root cause and resolution Defect prioritization and root-cause resolution plans
- Drive solid solutions to technical issues and design challenges
- Ability to structure and execute complex analysis, draw insights, and communicate summary findings/recommendations to senior management as well as AMD customers
- Ability to network, build relationships and drive effective decision-making across multiple functions and levels within the organization
- Highly organized, able to prioritize and juggle multiple work streams to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Prior experience managing people and technical teams
- Server system design and validation
- Testing tools and environments, defect tracking and revision control
- Experience with FPGA concepts and design features
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- BS or MSEE degree
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Requisition Number: 80364
Country: United States State: California City: Santa Clara
Job Function: Design
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website