What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Application Engineer – FPGAs and Adaptive SoCs
AMD is looking for a strong candidate to join the Core Markets Group as an Applications Engineer focused on Board-Level Electrical, Power and Thermal Design. This is a Technical Sales customer-facing position. The engineer will support customers in both pre-sales and post-sales engagements in applying AMD's FPGAs and Adaptive SoCs
- Work closely with AMD Sales and Field Applications engineers to drive design wins and support customers in achieving production
- Help position AMD device power advantages to win designs
- Review customer system-level and board-level designs at the schematic level, providing feedback to assure customer first-time success
- Advise customers on use of power-management features
- Support customers' chip-level power analyses, including expert use of AMD power estimation tools
- Analyze design PDN Power Integrity, providing guidance on customer designs
- Advise on customer thermal design, including modeling and measurement
- Work with 3rd party power delivery / management partners to provide value-add solutions to customers
- Provide high-quality feedback to AMD development teams on customer application experiences
- Occasional travel to customer sites required
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
Years of Experience
Minimum 5 years of experience in development or applications engineering
- Experience at the board level with FPGAs, ASSPs, SoCs or ASICs
- FPGA / Adaptive SoC design flow experience
- Experience with board-level schematic tools
- Basic signal integrity knowledge
- Power integrity analysis and modeling experience
- Experience performing thermal analyses
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentations skills, and the ability to work with multiple groups and external partners
Requisition Number: 172404
Country: United States State: California City: San Jose
Job Function: Product Engineering
Benefits offered are described here.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website