What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Thermal/Mechanical Test Engineer
The Thermal/Mechanical design team at AMD Markham is responsible for the thermal, mechanical, and acoustic design of graphics cards, including the AMD Radeon™ and AMD Radeon™ Pro line of desktop, mobile and workstation cards. This team is crucial to the success of the Radeon Technologies Group at AMD. It is a growing team, so there are plenty of opportunities to make significant contributions that impact the end-product. It is an exciting environment and you will be working on cutting edge technology, and on some of the most ground-breaking projects the industry has to offer.The person:
We are looking for a self-motivated, energetic, detail-oriented, and hardworking individual who enjoys solving non-trivial and open-ended problems. The successful candidate will also be a great teammate with excellent written and verbal communication skills.Key responsibilities:
As a Senior Thermal/Mechanical Test Engineer, you will provide hands-on support for the development of graphics card thermal solutions. Day-to-day activities will involve system-level and component-level test setup (including instrumentation), testing, and analysis. Job functions will include, but are not limited to:
- Thermal validation support of dGPU products and bring-up systems, characterization of products for thermals, mechanicals, acoustic and electrical/power specifications.
- Work with internal teams to carry out testing and validation to meet or beat project schedules and resolve issues.
- Analyze any test and/or field failures and support internal design teams to find the root cause of any thermal/mechanical/acoustic related issues.
- Lab management including calibration and maintenance of all test equipment. Work with outside test facilities to complete acoustic and mechanical testing, as necessary.
- Lab equipment procurement: stay up to date on the latest computer technologies and continually update lab equipment to meet industry standards.
- Continual improvement of test methods and procedures for better efficiency and reliability.
- Lab testing automation: develop and maintain automation scripts and tools that assist in running validation tests.
- Data analysis: work with the team to develop databases and reports that simplify test and production data analysis.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience in an electronics-cooling related role.
- Lab skills: building computer systems, component instrumentation, test management and data acquisition.
- Data analysis: ability to work with and analyze large sets of data to extract useful conclusions.
- Experience working with Power BI, Tableau, and SQL databases to build reports.
- Test Automation: ability to review equipment documentation and generate tools that automate their operation.
- Experience in scripting/programming languages is strongly preferred, especially Ruby and Python.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Requisition Number: 80591
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website