What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Microprocessor VLSI Physical Design Co-Op Engineer
AMD's Cores Organization delivers industry leading CPU's and caches that are the foundation of AMD's server, client, and gaming business. We are looking for a college student to join this innovative team. The candidate will be a key contributor for AMD's next generation cores and caches. The candidate will join the team based in Fort Collins, CO.
The candidate should have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to details. We work on programs with long timelines, so self-motivation and a commitment to meeting deadlines is required. We are pushing the envelope on chip performance, so the status quo must be challenged on every program. This requires creativity and innovation, but also excellent verbal and written communication skills. We work in small teams, but we are part of a large cross-site Core's organization, so teamwork is also vital our success.
- High speed VLSI design in deep submicron FinFET processes.
- Work closely with chip architects and designers across multiple sites to optimize power, performance, area, and schedule.
- Solve design and tool problems requiring ground-breaking approaches and champion innovation across the organization.
- Create technical presentations for peers and management.
- Knowledge of basic electrical engineering principles
- Knowledge of VSLI design concepts & tradeoffs.
- Familiar with programming languages such as Perl, C, tcl, etc.
- Basic understanding of computer architecture
- Knowledge of high-speed flops, synchronizers, level shifters, and SRAM
- Pursing BS/MS in EE, CS, CSE (or similar)
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE/MFDV
Requisition Number: 80761
Country: United States State: Colorado City: Ft Collins
Job Function: Student/ Intern/ Temp
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. We consider candidates regardless of age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status. Please click here for more information.
Apply on company website