What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a global team on cutting edge technology.
- Executing post-silicon ASIC bring-up, enablement and optimization of various features as well as ASIC characterization.
- Developing test plans, methodologies and tools to support work activities.
- Debugging and troubleshooting system-level issues that may occur in test environments.
- Work closely with supporting teams in design, diagnostics, BIOS, driver, system engineering, and platform team to ensure readiness of silicon feature for validation purpose.
- Write reports on root cause of issues.
- Excellent PC x86 Architecture experience and excellent system level knowledge of the following: CPU Processor, Memory, PCI-Express, HDMI, DVI, Display Port, VGA, SATA, USB etc.
- Good understanding of 3D Graphics.
- Ability to program in C, C++, and scripting languages (Python, Perl, etc.).
- Computer enthusiasts and excellent knowledge of current leading PC technology.
- Highly motivated, innovative individual with a keen interest in finding and resolving silicon/platform issues.
- Operating System Requirements - Install, Setup, Configure and Troubleshoot.
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Linux Operating Systems.
- Good experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes.
- Read and understand motherboard schematics, identify components on the board and apply rework/solder to them.
- Excellent organizational, detail oriented and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must excel in a dynamic team working environment.
Bachelors in Electronics/Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Requisition Number: 77358
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: Design
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website