What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
SCBU Digital Logic IP Systems Engineer
About the Position:
The AMD Semi-Custom Business Unit IP Systems Engineering Team is on the lookout for a dynamic, energetic IP Systems Engineer to join our growing team. As a key contributor to the success of AMD's IP, you will be part of a leading team to drive and enhance AMD's abilities to deliver the highest quality, industry leading technologies to market. The IP Systems Engineering team fosters and encourages continuous technical innovation to showcase successes as well as facilitate continuous career development.
As a Systems Engineer, you will drive the execution of planned test, isolate and debug of various hardware IP for forthcoming AMD Semi-Custom SOC programs.
- Understanding and executing the overall functional test plan for a set of AMD IP
- Driving technical innovation to enhance AMD's capabilities in IP validation/verification, including tool and script development, technical and procedural methodology enhancement, and various internal and cross-functional technical initiatives.
- Isolation and assist with debug of IP issues found during pre-silicon, bring-up, validation, and production phases of SOC programs
- Work closely with supporting teams from design, diagnostics, emulation, firmware, and driver contexts to ensure enablement of IP functionality and debug of critical features.
- Participate in collaborative technical discussions to drive resolution on technical issues and roll out technical initiatives
- Develop knowledge of system architecture/debug and other IP's
Skills and Experience:
- Experience: 2 years of experience in digital logic/platform design, verification, or post-silicon verification
- Strong programming/scripting skills (eg. C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Experience with IP/system level bringup, ASIC debug techniques and methodologies is an asset
- Experience with common lab equipment, including protocol/logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc. is an asset
- Knowledge of Graphics, Display, Multimedia, PCIe, System Management, Security and/or IO architecture & design is an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of system architectures and concepts an asset
- Bachelors in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related degrees
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must excel in a dynamic team working environment
- Must be a self-starter and be able to independently drive tasks to completion
Requisition Number: 79689
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website