WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world's most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
The candidate will be performing varying degrees of problem determination, root cause analysis and resolution of desktop hardware, software problems, and support items pertaining to mobility. The candidate will be responsible for effectively using available technical resources and providing the service within established service level agreements.
- Provide daily End User technical and operations support to ensure smooth daily operations through regular maintenance, housekeeping, training & knowledge transfer. This is inclusive of all work being tracked via Service Now and a quarterly review of case closures of the entire AMD Malaysia via a metrics report that employee will own and drive.
- Manage and Deliver end user service for AMD Malaysia, develop content to refresh end-user facing materials.
- Participate in any Global Projects/Local Initiatives, and any adhoc request as assigned (e.g. Participating & coordinating the ISO/IA/OHSAS/FA policies and procedures are appropriately documented and in placed. Responsible for Disaster Recovery plans and execution).
- Manages the effectiveness of IT processes and systems within area-of responsibility to achieve performance goals.
- Ensures rigorous quality control by meeting well-defined shared objectives and KPIs, which includes taking ownership of escalated issues from 1st and 2nd line of support, handling of trouble tickets and mentoring junior members of the global team in problem resolution.
- Operates within a technical culture while simultaneously relating to the requirements of the business supported by acting as the IT business contact.
- Meeting with Key Stakeholders to assess and define the system requirements.
- Analyzing user feedback to determine inefficiencies and problems.
- Participate in global projects in continuing developing and designing computer systems infrastructure.
- Overseeing the development, installation, configuration, and administration of computer systems within the area of responsibility
- Monitoring computer systems and networks for viruses, malfunctions, and errors.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and developing effective solutions.
- Preparing documentations and operational manuals.
- Training the End Users team on new systems, protocols, and best practices.
- Keeping abreast of the latest advancements in technology, protocols, and best practices.
- Participates in on-call rotation to provide after-hours support as needed.
- Responsible to be the smart hands for other teams like network.
- Support events working with the collab team.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a IT Desktop Engineer/systems engineer with relevant work experience in IT Operations supports.
- Familiarity with operating systems, such as Windows, Linux and UNIX.
- Experience with database management software, such as MySQL.
- Some knowledge in scripting skills with knowledge of programming languages, such as Python an added advantage.
- Good track record in User Experience and partnering with key stakeholders.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a similar field
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Apply on company website