What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Power and Performance Engineer
As part of the Power and Performance Optimization group, the Client Power Optimization team provides power and battery life engineering expertise on AMD mobile and desktop platforms. The core purpose of the team is to deliver high-quality power assessments of our products/platforms, which benefits the following areas:
- Product Development: Pre-production battery life characterization and optimization
- Marketing: AMD product definition/power-performance trade-offs
- Customer: Root-cause resolution of customer battery life issues
- Analyzing interactions between various power management features and optimizing their configurations for power and performance.
- Develop and maintain MATLAB applications and Perl scripts used for power analysis
- Work along with Power, Platform, and SOC Architects to improve power models used for future programs
- Executing power characterization plans for power management features.
- Setting up systems and power measurement equipment for automated test framework.
- Proactively driving continuous improvement for post-silicon power characterization related procedure
- Good understanding of computer architecture
- Good understanding of board layout and schematics
- PC Background
- PC/Hardware Design in some form at circuit board to production
- Working knowledge of Windows OS and software
- Must be involved in the power performance optimization and share past scenarios doing so
- Power/thermal management experience is an asset
- Experience working in a lab environment, including use of oscilloscopes, multimeters, soldering iron
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
- Must be a self-starter, and able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or a related field
- 1-3 years of industry experience
- Markham, Ontario Canada.
Requisition Number: 77180
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
Job Function: Design
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website