What you do at AMD changes everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Timing Design Engineer
As a Timing Design engineer you will be involved with multiple phases of physical design of high performance SoC's
We have competitive benefit packages and award-winning culture. Join us!
- Good communication skills for interacting with logic design and physical design team members.
- Responsible for synthesis, netlist generation, timing and logical equivalency checks, floorplanning, budgeting, clock methodology and timing constraint management.
- Work in collaboration with RTL and Physical Design Engineers in chip level planning and integrations.
- Generate block level static timing constraints.
- Close timing and perform timing optimization on critical blocks by working with RTL, PD teams.
- Generate and Implement ECOs to fix timing etc.
- Participate in establishing CAD design methodologies.
- Some exposure to IP physical design processes, such as logical synthesis methods, and STA;
- Proficient with industry standard frontend EDA tools;
- Knowledge in physical design and tools.
- Knowledge in RTL/logic design, scripting languages in Tcl/Perl; preferred experience in flow development/automation
- BS with 2+ years of experience or MS recent graduate.
Requisition Number: 79945
Country: Canada State: Ontario City: Markham
AMD is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any applicant who requires accommodation should contact AskHR@amd.com.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services.
Apply on company website