During these uncertain times American Financial Network, Inc. (AFN) has maintained steady growth and has reached record breaking months. As we celebrate our 19th year in business, as a team we are proud to continue serving the lending needs of our community. Give us the opportunity to tell you more about this position and AFN, apply today.
Join Our Team! American Financial Network, Inc. (“AFN”) has the immediate need for a full-time Jr. Underwriter.
Responsible for providing support to the Underwriting staff. The primary focus for this position is to complete all necessary required tasks from loan decision through funding on a designated pipeline of loans, providing real time updates and acting as the liaison between underwriting and other internal operations employees and branches. The Junior Underwriter is responsible for reviewing conditions within risk level authority, resolving loan discrepancies at time of closing, re-running AUS as applicable, and ensuring loans continue to meet guideline and documentation requirements.
- Review loans prepared for closing for discrepancies and resolve to ensure data integrity.
- Ensure AUS is updated and matching final loan terms as necessary.
- Daily pipeline management with an emphasis on meeting department turn times, scheduled closing dates, and lock expiration dates.
- Review prior to doc conditions such as hazard and flood insurance policies, title reports, and other documents in accordance with risk level authority.
- Review and clear prior to funding conditions as directed by Team Lead or Underwriting Manager.
- Effectively communicate with underwriting, docs, funding, post-closing and other internal departments to ensure loans are completed accurately and are sufficient for purchasing
- Minimum 2-3 years current experience in processing or underwriting support for residential home loans (emphasis on conventional, FHA, and VA products preferred).
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to communicate real time updates in a professional manner by way of verbal or written updates.
- Working knowledge of industry regulatory requirements and loan product guidelines.
- Working knowledge or familiarity with underwriting requirements (agency, FHA, and VA preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft Office and various computer systems (Encompass experience preferred).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Responsiveness and willingness to learning new products and programs.
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to changing priorities and industry changes as they occur.
What We Provide:
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Vacation/Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
Who We Are:
American Financial Network, Inc. is a unique force in the mortgage market. We are one of the nation's largest privately held mortgage companies with the resources necessary to compete on a national level with the largest publicly held banks. AFN maintains speed to decision, responsive communication and flexibility through its private ownership and flat organizational structure. We are a team of dynamic, visionary and opportunistic professionals that thrive on the utilization of teamwork and technology to outperform our competition. We are driven by a vision of being a market leader through creating the ultimate in customer service and being consistently better by always seeking new ways to improve.
We're Proud of our Accomplishments!
- Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- 50 Best Companies to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- Top Mortgage Employer by National Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Top 10 Mortgage Company in Customer Satisfaction by Social Survey
- America's Fastest Growing Companies by Inc 5000
- Most Powerful Women in Mortgage and Women of Influence awarded to our EVP of Operations by National Mortgage Professional Magazine & Housing Wire Magazine
American Financial Network, Inc. NMLS #237341 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website