American Financial Network (“AFN”) is a unique force in the mortgage market. We are one of the nation's largest privately held mortgage companies with the resources necessary to compete on a national level with the largest publicly held banks. We are currently one of the Top 50 Lenders in the country and maintain the financial strength, liquidity and determination to become one of the top 10. AFN maintains speed to decision, responsive communication and flexibility through its private ownership and flat organizational structure.
We are a team of dynamic, visionary and opportunistic professionals that thrive on the utilization of teamwork and technology to outperform our competition. We are driven by a vision of being a market leader through creating the ultimate in customer service and being consistently better by always seeking new ways to improve.
The Loan Officer Assistant position ensures the timely and accurate packaging of all loans originated by our loan officers; gather information and take each file from pre-approval to closing; input proper loan information into the system for processing; ensure that all loan documentation is complete, accurate, verified, and complies with company and investor policy; review file documentation and make sure all items needed are requested; order and coordinate loan documents; meet crucial deadlines requested; perform any additional duties/activities assigned by management.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists Loan Officer in preparing preliminary loan packages for processing by obtaining missing documentation and other information from customers
- Utilizes information gathered by the Mortgage Loan Originator to prequalify customers
- Responds to customers' general questions regarding policy and procedures in the absence of the Loan Officer
- Works with appraisers to obtain official appraisal
- Updates customers, real estate agents, and titles companies on the loan's progress
- Coordinates and schedules loans closings
- Maintains Loan Officers' databases of customer information
- Assists Loan Officers with marketing campaigns through mail, email, and internet
- Performs other administrative tasks, such as faxing, emailing, making telephone calls, to support the Loan Officer.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of conventional, government (FHA/VA), and Jumbo loan requirements
- Understanding of state and federal real estate lending regulations
- Understanding of customer service and intrapersonal best practices
Required Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalency degree
- Prior mortgage lending or related sales experienced preferred
- Demonstrated experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Demonstrated experience making solid business decisions with available information
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Demonstrated experience with attention to detail, written and oral communication, multi-tasking, and working in a team atmosphere adhering to tight deadlines
American Financial Network, Inc., NMLS #237341 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website