During these uncertain times American Financial Network, Inc. (AFN) has maintained steady growth and has reached record breaking months. As we celebrate our 19th year in business, as a team we are proud to continue serving the lending needs of our community. Give us the opportunity to tell you more about this position and AFN, apply today.
Join Our Team! American Financial Network, Inc. (“AFN”) is hiring Mortgage Underwriters! This is a remote/work from home opportunity.
The Underwriter reviews mortgage loan applications ensuring compliant with agency guidelines as well as secondary market investor standards. This position is responsible for evaluating loans in order to maximize organizational profit and minimize risk or loss, and examines loan documentation for accuracy and completeness. The Underwriter has authority to approve loans after review of credit, calculation of income including analysis of tax returns for self-employed borrowers and asset review. The Underwriter also has authority to withdraw and decline loans that are no longer active. The Underwriter may be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.). Lending authority to include Conventional and government loan programs. Excellent phone and communication skills and a value of providing superior customer service experiences to internal and external customers is required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review new loan files to ensure loan meets agency program criteria.
- Review transmittal & 1003 to make sure it is accurate and complete, compare to findings to verify that all information matches.
- Review credit report and compare to liabilities on 1003. Verify the investor guidelines for outstanding derogatory items and requirement payment or satisfaction if needed. Request updated mortgage history if needed.
- Calculate income using documentation required per agency questioning any large changes in income.
- Review assets statements to compare to required assets. Require documentation and source for any recent large deposits.
- Review title to verify our borrower has ownership on a refinance transaction and that the seller has ownership for purchase transaction. Check that chain of title meets investor requirements. Verify there are no unpaid liens or judgments and that all mortgage liens are being paid off through the transaction. Compare tax figures to 1003.
- Review final conditions turned in for Underwriting Final Approval within 24 hours.
- Maintain current and fluid knowledge of investor and agency guidelines.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of Underwriting experience required
- Must have experience working with multiple investors
- Conventional Underwriting experience required
- FHA, VA and USDA experience a plus
Who We Are:
American Financial Network, Inc. (“AFN”) is a unique force in the mortgage market. We are one of the nation's largest privately held mortgage companies with the resources necessary to compete on a national level with the largest publicly held banks. AFN maintains speed to decision, responsive communication and flexibility through its private ownership and flat organizational structure. We are a team of dynamic, visionary and opportunistic professionals that thrive on the utilization of teamwork and technology to outperform our competition. We are driven by a vision of being a market leader through creating the ultimate in customer service and being consistently better by always seeking new ways to improve.
We're Proud of our Accomplishments!
- Top 100 Mortgage Companies in America by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- 50 Best Companies to Work For by Mortgage Executive Magazine
- Top Mortgage Employer by National Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Top 10 Mortgage Company in Customer Satisfaction by Social Survey
- America's Fastest Growing Companies by Inc 5000
- Most Powerful Women in Mortgage and Women of Influence awarded to our EVP of Operations by National Mortgage Professional Magazine & Housing Wire Magazine
American Financial Network, Inc., NMLS #237341 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website