SUMMARY OF POSITION
Interviews patient or representative to obtain information as appropriate for outpatient procedures and inpatient admission. Maintaining patient confidentiality according to the Aultman Orrville Hospital Policies and Procedures and HIPAA. Strive to maintain an error rate of less than 5%.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Register and interviews patient or representative to obtain information as appropriate for outpatient treatment or as necessary for admission. Check insurance eligibility through internal software.
- Explain hospital policies to patients or representative, obtain necessary signatures and route completed forms to appropriate department.
- Receive, log and process payments/upfront collections.
- Monitor all hospital safety systems and notify appropriate department, emergency contact and outside emergency services as required.
- Paging physicians, contacting the surgery on-call team, paging codes overhead
- Arrange for escort of patients to room and direct outpatients to departments as needed.
- Contact physician offices for written orders for procedures when needed.
- Scan and index patient documents into internal software as needed.
- Strives to maintain an error rate of less than 5%.
- As needed, answer internal and outside telephone calls courteously and routes the call or takes accurate messages. Switchboard duties Monday – Friday 4:00 p.m. – 8:30 a.m., Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. /48 hours.
- The daily work hours for this position will be scheduled by the supervisor to meet the needs of the department. The candidate must be available to work any shift as needed to cover for unexpected call-off's and vacation requests.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- The successful candidate must have excellent customer service and communication skills. The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is also expected.
- Completion of Annual Safety Education Tests, scoring a minimal of 80% per section, Fire Extinguisher and TB testing as required by Aultman Orrville Hospital.
- Subject to background check and fingerprinting
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Normal hours are based upon shift requirements.
- Requires occasional paid overtime to handle peak work times
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
O = Occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = Frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = Constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (50 pounds or greater)
O Carrying (50 pounds or greater)
F Pushing (50 pounds or greater)
N Climbing with (50 pounds or greater)
Apply on company website