Company: Aultman Health Foundation
Location: Canton, OH
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Biotech
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of the Cardiac RNFA is to provide experienced clinical technical and leadership skills in the role of the First Assistant.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Serves as a consultant in all aspects of Cardiothoracic/vascular procedures, equipment operation, instruments and supplies in the CVOR.
- Seeks out additional educational opportunities to increase current clinical expertise related to cardiothoracic/vascular surgeries.
- Maintains proficiency in the roles of the 1st and 2nd assistant roles.
- Demonstrates skill in holding tissue, suturing, providing exposure, knowledge of appropriate instrumentation for each tissue type.
- Exceptional knowledge of anatomy.
- Works collaboratively with all team members
- Assists in the set-up of OR room in combination with the entire OR staff.
- Assist in transportation of the patient to and from the OR room, moving and proper positioning on the OR table.
- Demonstrates proficiency in vein harvesting. (open and endo)
- Demonstrates understanding of suture types, skin types and closure of all incisions.
- Adheres to policies, procedures and guidelines of the department and Aultman Hospital.
- Maintains professional communication skills with physicians, nurses, and technicians.
- Adheres to time and attendance policies
- Available for assigned/needed on-call
- RN with advanced training and completion of RNFA program
- CNOR certification
- Prior experience required
- BLS required, ACLS preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- 7:00am – 3:30pm M-F or hours as required by the job. On call weekends, holidays, and off -shifts
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
- Sitting/standing/moving about during working hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ADDENDUM
PURPOSE: To identify specific functions job requirements and work environment factors that could affect job performance.
Check all factors that are present as essential job requirements and check whether the factor is performed.
O = occasionally = 0- 33% of the work shift or 0- 32 repetitions.
F = frequently = 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions.
C = constantly = 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions.
N = Not essential job requirement.
O Lifting (70 pounds)
O Carrying (70 pounds)
O Pushing (70 pounds)
N Climbing with (70 pounds)
O Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Additional information concerning physical requirements for the position:
Performing patient care responsibilities as required
HAZARDOUS EXPOSURE CATEGORY
Apply on company website