Part of the surgical team that promotes a positive surgical experience. Assess the patients needs and provide nursing care and intervention through out the peri-operative process (pre-op, intra-op, post-op and discharge).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (may include but not limited to):
- Explains procedures & treatments to patient/family to alleviate fear and anxiety and to gain trust, cooperation and understanding.
- Determine a plan of care according to each patient's individual need and incorporates family members into the plan of care. Revises the plan of care according to the patient's response.
- Document history & perform head to toe assessment of the patient.
- Prepares the OR Suite, sterile instruments / supplies and equipment for the surgical procedure.
- Positions, preps and drapes patient according to the surgical procedure.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Assists the Surgeon by anticipating their needs.
- Reports concerns / problems with equipment and / or supplies to the manager.
- Stores all supplies and equipment properly.
Apply on company website