Direct Support Professional
Description of Responsibilities
Working in the home/ community environment you are responsible for the delivery of quality one on one services to ID/DD consumers and implementing their goals as outlined in the Person Centered Plan. Your care may also involve activities of daily living and communication with other members of the consumers multi-disciplinary team. You are required to complete all documentation in accordance with state and program regulations, Aveanna Healthcare policies and procedures, and any applicable accreditation standards.
Aveanna Healthcare remains focused on our mission of caring for our medically fragile patients during the COVID-19 outbreak. Even in this tumultuous time, we continue to care, and we continue to hire nurses. If you need shifts or work, we are here for you. Our hearts remain focused on making a real difference for kids, adults, and families. And our resolve has never been stronger to keep our patients safe at home.
- Implement written goals from treatment plan with consumer 1:1 services including but not limited to Personal Care, Respite, Home Supports, Home and Community, Supported employment, Crises Services, and Long- term Vocational Support.
- Instruct and reinforce target goals and outcomes according to consumer.
- Complete written documentation of services(s) provided upon completion of visit as directed by QP
- Accurately note consumer responses and results to staff interventions and assessment through proper documentation.
- Maintain appropriate professional conduct at all times.
- Assist in the development of consumer treatment plan and goal revisions as directed by interdisciplinary team.
- Provides care in accordance with written instructions from professional staff.
- Reports immediately to QP any changes in the patients condition or any problems in assigned tasks.
- Relays observations of patients mental and physical status to QP.
- Is dependable and on time for assignments.
- Experience with ID/DD consumers preferred, but not required
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Active Drivers License and current automobile insurance.
Aveanna Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply on company website