Direct Support Professional
Description of Responsibilities
Working in the home/ community environment you are responsible for the delivery of quality one on one services to ID/DD individuals and implementing their goals as outlined in the Person Centered Plan. Your care may also involve activities of daily living and communication with other members of the individuals multi-disciplinary team. You are required to complete all documentation in accordance with state and program regulations, Aveanna Healthcare policies and procedures, and any applicable accreditation standards.
- Implement written goals from treatment plan with individual 1:1 services including but not limited to Personal Care, Respite, Home Supports, Companion Services and Home Supports.
- Instruct and reinforce target goals and outcomes according to individual.
- Complete written documentation of services(s) provided upon completion of visit as directed by IDD Coordinator or designee.
- Accurately note individual responses and results to staff interventions and assessment through proper documentation.
- Maintain appropriate professional conduct at all times.
- Assist in the development of individual treatment plan and goal revisions as directed by interdisciplinary team.
- Provides care in accordance with written instructions from professional staff.
- Reports immediately to IDD Coordinator or designee any changes in the individual's condition or any problems in assigned tasks.
- Relays observations of individual's mental and physical status to IDD Coordinator or designee.
- Is dependable and on time for assignments.
- Experience with ID/DD consumers preferred, but not required
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Active Drivers License and current automobile insurance.
Aveanna Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply on company website