Recover Health is now a part of the Aveanna Healthcare family of companies
Aveanna Healthcare has grown tremendously during the past year through a series of exciting acquisitions and we are currently looking for a Home Health Aide (HHA) to join our dynamic home health care team. In this position, you make it possible for patients to recuperate from illness or injury in the comfort of their own home.
Home Health Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant
Serving the community of Cedar Rapids
Hours: Part time
The Home Health Aide (HHA) is an individual who provides personal care, selected treatment procedures, minimal household tasks and occasional meal preparation under the advisory of a Registered Nurse for individuals with special needs in their homes. A Home Health Aide is a caring and compassionate person who has the maturity to assume the responsibilities that this position demands, someone with genuine concern for the sick or otherwise disabled, the ability to follow written and oral directions, as well as being able to communicate effectively in both written and oral forms.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform personal care tasks including assistance with basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, ambulation, medical monitoring, and health care related tasks.
- Perform home management functions such as light housekeeping, laundry, bed making, and cleaning
- Plan meals, shop for groceries, prepare and serve meals, and clean up
- Communicate verbally with clients, client family members, and Recover Health staff in a professional manner
- Ensure client safety while maintaining a safe environment
- Remind and assist clients with self-administration of medications (with proper training)
- Encourage self-help activities
- Report and Document services provided and changes in client's condition or family situation to the office
- Maintain clinical record documentation according to Recover Health policy and procedures as well as state and federal regulations
Why Join Our Team?
- Innovative technology to make your life easier
- Our care team work together to meet the needs of each patient
- Nationwide career opportunities where our leaders encourage advancements
- Our care teams enjoy the flexibility of getting to build rapport with patients to produce the best outcomes
- We know that our care teams make or break the organizations success!
Aveanna Healthcare Offers:
- 401(k) with match
- Health, Dental and Vision Benefits for employees at 30+ hours
- Tuition Discounts and Reimbursement
- PTO, Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
- 18 years of age or older with High school degree/GED
- Completion of the companies competency testing for HHA
- Valid Drivers license
- Acceptable MVR
- Minimum of one-year Home Health Care experience or LTC experience a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Notice for Job Applicants Residing in California
Apply on company website