We are looking for an Occupational Therapist (OT) to join our team! You will utilize your clinical expertise to assess, teach, and deliver therapy interventions and treatment directed by the Physician as established in the home health plan of care. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, receiving and providing pertinent updates to optimize patient well-being.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform initial and ongoing assessments to evaluate mobility, coordination, strength and current level of function.
- Responsible for administration, evaluation, and interpretation of tests and measurements to determine functional goals and outcomes.
- Provide a written evaluation and plan of care defining occupational therapy needs, goals, progress and expected outcomes.
- Delivery of occupational therapy services to comply with prescribed physician orders.
- Maintains plan of care by performing timely documentation of client performance, modifying goals and treatment as needed, and determine discharge care plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for discharge planning, including collaborating and educating the patient and his/her caretakers on home exercise plan to follow discharge.
- Participates in coordination of services with health care team, physicians, parent/guardians, nurses, etc.
- Documents according to policy and procedure and requires minimal supervision or instruction.
- Documents effectively resulting in no technical or clinical denials subsequent to review of documentation by payers
- Maintain effective communication between staff, healthcare team members and family. Serve as a resource consultant for clinical staff.
- Supervises other personnel (OTA, HHA) as applicable.
- Completes OASIS assessments where allowed by state professional practice and regulation.
- Degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited university/program.
- Current, unrestricted state license as an Occupational Therapist in the state of practice
- Valid CPR
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Proven relationship-builder
- Experience in Home Health Therapy and completion of OASIS documentation
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Notice for Job Applicants Residing in California
Apply on company website