Aveanna Healthcare is growing. Join our team today!
Opening: Part Time Sat and/or Sun
Servicing: Sussex County
Aveanna Healthcare has grown tremendously during the past year through a series of exciting acquisitions and we are currently looking for a Physical Therapist (PT) to join our dynamic home health care team. In this position, you make it possible for patients to recuperate from illness or injury in the comfort of their own home.
Why Join our Team?
A Physical Therapy career with Aveanna in the home health setting offers schedule flexibility, one-on-one care and the opportunity to make a real difference. We bring patients the care and support they need to live independently and safely in their place of residence, where they want to be.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform initial and ongoing assessments to evaluate mobility, coordination, strength and current level of function.
- Responsible for administration, evaluation, and interpretation of tests and measurements to determine functional goals and outcomes.
- Provide a written evaluation and plan of care defining physical therapy needs, goals, progress and expected outcomes.
- Delivery of physical therapy services to comply with prescribed physician orders.
- Maintains plan of care by performing timely documentation of client performance, modifying goals and treatment as needed, and determine discharge care plans as appropriate.
- Responsible for discharge planning, including collaborating and educating the patient and his/her caretakers on home exercise plan to follow discharge.
- Participates in coordination of services with health care team, physicians, parent/guardians, nurses, etc.
- Documents according to policy and procedure and requires minimal supervision or instruction.
- Documents effectively resulting in no technical or clinical denials subsequent to review of documentation by payers
- Maintain effective communication between staff, healthcare team members and family. Serve as a resource consultant for clinical staff.
- Supervises other personnel (PTA, HHA) as applicable.
- Completes OASIS assessments where allowed by state professional practice and regulation.
- Follow policies and procedures and conforms to all applicable patient care standards, licensure regulations and state laws.
- Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited university/program.
- Current, unrestricted state license as a Physical Therapist in the state of practice
- Valid CPR
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Proven relationship-builder
- Experience in Home Health Therapy and completion of OASIS documentation
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action: Aveanna provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aveanna complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
As an employer accepting Medicare and Medicaid funds, employees must comply with all health-related requirements in all relevant jurisdictions, including required vaccinations and testing, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons as appropriate.
Notice for Job Applicants Residing in California
Apply on company website