Join BAE Systems as an Entry-level Enterprise Services DevOps Engineer! This position includes working with the adoption of DevOps practices, continuous integration and increased deployment automation. Candidates will work on a team to research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide applications software with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. The Enterprise Services (ES) DevOps team works with ES and other organizations in a collaborative environment to help drive DevOps practices and culture. As an ES DevOps Engineer you will work with development and operational teams to improve automation pipelines for hybrid cloud and on premises environments in accordance with ES development practices, security standards and project requirements.
Candidates' preferred experience includes a working knowledge of OA DCGS, the OA constructs and guidelines/tenets with strong skills in automated deployments.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
This position will include the opportunity to expand your technical skillset. There is room for growth on the job and mentoring between staff is encouraged. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with skills in several of the following areas:
- Cloud computing providers, such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Configuration management
- Scripting such as Python and/or PowerShell
- Microsoft Desired State Configuration (DSC)
- Testing frameworks such as PyTest, Robot Framework, RSpec
- Debugging and problem-solving skills
- Automation of cloud native technologies such as deploying applications and provisioning infrastructure.
- Cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy (AWS) and/or GitLab.
- Microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Agile development methodology training and certification as scrum master a plus
- SAFe Agilist certification
- This position requires the successful candidate have a Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI. The criteria for obtaining and holding a clearance are driven by US government requirements. You must be a US citizen to obtain a security clearance.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website