The BAE Systems site in Aiken, South Carolina supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Materials Manager. In this role, the Materials Manager is responsible for the direct supervision of a team, both salaried and bargaining unit, while overseeing the management of processes, systems, and data related to:
- Material planning in a government contractor environment;
- Compliance to Material Management Accounting Systems (MMAS) standards under DFARS 252.242-7004;
- Material handling and inventory management (including government furnished materials);
- Work in process, material flow, and replenishment processes in a manufacturing / assembly environment;
- A heavy manufacturing environment.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Proven working knowledge of MMAS concepts and best practices;
- Solid understanding of business systems and processes in an assembly environment;
- Proficiency working with integrated ERP systems;
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite;
- Highly effective communication both verbal and written;
- Leadership skills to manage, develop, direct, coach, and mentor a team;
- Keen customer-focused mindset with the ability to respond and anticipate needs;
- Results-oriented with the ability to perform and succeed in a fast-paced, heavy manufacturing environment;
- Budget management.
Preferred Skills and Education
- A bachelor's degree in Business with a Supply Chain concentration is ideal;
- Background in safety training a plus;
- Lean manufacturing experience greatly valued;
- APICS training preferred;
- Experience using the Oracle ERP system a bonus
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website