BAE SYSTEMS is Seeking an Operations Supervisor for our Anniston, AL location that will be responsible for driving the long-range strategic planning process for operations by overseeing and managing all manufacturing operations.
- Planning, organizing and coordinating budgets.
- Evaluating activities of the Operations Department process, including but not limited to warehouse functions, manufacturing, build and deliver , construct structures, components, etc.
- Achieves performance objectives for quality, schedules, productivity, safety/housekeeping, employee relations, and total cost responsibilities with budget accountability.
- Supports activities for continuous improvement for cost, quality, schedule, safety, etc.
- Develops the workforce and a team-oriented culture.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment; OR Associate's degree plus an additional 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with; OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience working in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Experience overseeing a multi-functional Operations Department that includes warehouse and manufacturing functions.
- Strong understanding of Safety and OSHA standards.
- Experience providing guidance and training to staff, as well as disciplinary actions.
Preferred Skills and Education
Experience working in a Union environment.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website