Primary City/State:Loveland, Colorado
Department Name:HomeCare Nursing Loveland/West
Job Category:Clinical Care
Primary Location Salary Range:$15.92/hr - $23.88/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Great options and great opportunities. Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. If you're looking to leverage your abilities – you belong at Banner Health.
Located just 45 minutes north of Denver, Northern Colorado offers trendy restaurants, a thriving retail sector, and endless cultural amenities. Between wildflower-filled meadows and spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains, you will find adventures by horse, mountain bike and boat plus, endless hiking trails and world class skiing.
At Banner Home Care, we offer services that go directly to our patients where they are most comfortable whenever possible. As a CNA with Home Care, you will visit approximately 5-6 patients per day providing assistance with daily activities susch as bathing, dressing, and much more!Banner Home Care provides high-quality, compassionate team of professionals who are specially trained in a variety of fields. The care we provide focuses on assisting patients to achieve an optimum level of health and enhancing the quality of life in the home setting for patients. Our home care services are based on a physician's plan of treatment and designed to manage total care. We also educate patients and families to promote an understanding of the disease process, its prevention and treatment.
This position provides routine patient care to promote patient comfort and contribute to the overall patient plan of care. This position is responsible for on-going patient data collection and documentation in the medical record; provides a variety of unit support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the nursing unit/department.
1. Provides assistance in activities of daily living and completes necessary tasks to promote patient health, including assisting patients with basic hygiene needs, maintaining an optimum level of mobility and assisting patients with nutritional intake, as needed.
2. Collects patient specimens and data, including vital signs, input/output and other delegated measurements in accordance with unit/facility policy and standards of care. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Assists in the transportation of patient specimens.
3. Recognizes and reports abnormalities and/or changes in the patient's health status and responses to treatment to a licensed professional. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to other caregivers the status of patients for which care is provided.
4. Performs procedures and uses equipment as delegated by a licensed professional, consistent with demonstrated competencies and state scope of practice; procedures may include blood draws, foley catheter removal, EKGs, and EKG monitoring. Provides necessary supplies, support and assistance to medical staff and patients for unit specific procedures, under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
5. Maintains a clean, orderly and well-stocked environment.
6. May provide general support to the department, including greeting and assisting patients, visitors, physicians, and ancillary personnel.
7. This position works under supervision and has responsibility for assigned unit only. Incumbents work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with a strong focus on customer service. Interacts with staff at all levels throughout the facility, as well as patients, families and physicians.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required. Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Tucson: Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) in state of practice is required for new hires. Existing Tucson incumbents may not transfer out of their geographical market without meeting the CNA requirement.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 1 year of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital or physician office setting, or prior experience in customer service. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Working knowledge of medical terminology and computer literacy and keyboarding skills is required. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral, Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Depending on department assignment, receive a minimum passing score of 85% on ECG or EEG test with accurate identification of all lethal cardiac dysrhythmias and epileptiform activity is required. Successful completion of either a unit approved basic electrocardiogram interpretation course or electroencephalographic interpretation course, or on the job training is also required.
In Arizona the Licensed Nursing Assistant (LNA) licensure is preferred. Recent healthcare experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website