Health care is changing, and it's our goal to create a new model to answer America's health care challenges today and in the future. Our passionate and talented teams will be the change on the health care landscape in our communities – big and small. If taking access and delivery from complex to easy, from costly to affordable and from unpredictable to reliable sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you.
The Research Data and Analytics Department is responsible for all the applications used by Banner Research. The department is responsible for end user support and training, the management of data within the applications, and departmental workflows.
This position is responsible for development and input of research studies based on provided protocol and financial documentation into the clinical trials management system.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Alzheimer's Institute
BAI was established in 2006 as Banner Health's first Center of Excellence. Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the United States. Our team is uniquely, passionately and strategically committed to ending Alzheimer's without losing another generation and to providing an unparalleled model of care for families facing this devastating disease. BAI is committed to improving people's lives through excellent patient care and advances that capitalize on the best biomedical research. We intend to make a transformational difference in Alzheimer's research and care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for accurate assembly and full utilization of various data bases and data sources for the operation. Duties include abstracting from medical records, populating and coordinating use of resulting data storage files and databases, report production and submission and academic and professional presentations on research topics.
- Accurately completes report forms and generates reports with information that has been abstracted from medical records. Obtains medical information through the use of Cerner and other electronic databases, records obtained from external physicians offices, and other sources. Participates in process improvement activities to develop and refine data collection processes.
- Submits data to appropriate agencies and maintains established quarterly reporting rates. Uses electronic data capture. Complies with federal reporting requirements. Answers requests for requested data, extracts data from assigned facility data base and generates reports as needed. Submits forms and other reports in a timely manner and maintains all source documentation. Performs data outcomes analysis, creates data reports and works on special data management projects as assigned.
- Maintains and updates department specific databases. Develops and implements efficient data collection tools and methods. Develops and manipulates spreadsheets. Performs internal data quality reviews for accuracy and quality of data collection. Prepares, updates and organizes tracking logs and patient research files. Identifies and communicates important protocol and data management issues or problems to the supervisor.
- Complies with all established guidelines and Federal and State data transfer laws and considers ethical issues involved in human subject research. Participates in the development of policies and procedures regarding general data management. Maintains confidentiality and security of subjects data and follows pertinent HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations.
- Prepares data to include in scientific, public and professional presentation in the form of manuscripts, slides and posters. Conducts presentations to valley wide academic, professional and layperson organizations.
- Assists in training new staff members.
Associates degree in Information Technology or a health care related field or equivalent knowledge or experience in a healthcare setting.
Two years previous research or health care experience. Knowledge of regulatory affairs and current issues concerning the conduct of clinical research and health care operations. Knowledge of medical terminology and the ability to interpret laboratory reports and understand disease processes and testing with an understanding of disease staging and status. Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to provide effective customer service.
Must be proficient with common office software including web based and ability to conduct computer based literature searches.
Previous pertinent experience working in a clinical research setting. SoCRA (Society of Clinical Research Associates) or an ACRP (Association of Clinical Research Professionals) certification preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website