Facility Services ensures all of our hospitals, clinics and medical offices are in tip-top shape and comfortable for our patients. From painting, plumbing, heating, cooling and everything in between, facility services plays an important role in Banner Health. If you want to help Banner Health ensure our operations maintain a high level of quality, this opportunity could be just what you're looking for.
Banner Desert Medical Center in Mesa is seeking a full time Groundskeeper to work the morning shift.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Health Corporate
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for maintaining the facility landscaping, parking areas and roadways, sidewalks, smoking areas, and exterior trash receptacles by operating all landscape associated equipment. Performs preventative and corrective maintenance for this facilities landscape, irrigation systems and grounds equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance of facility grounds by operating all power and/or hand equipment required to keep the facilitys lawns, trees, shrubs, and flower beds in a clean, safe, and attractive condition. Maintains weed control and removes dead foliage.
- Inspects and maintains grounds and sidewalks, breezeways, parking lots, roadways, and facility entrances in a safe, clean, and attractive condition free of hazards. Operates sweepers and blowers for parking areas and roadways. Routinely empties all ashtrays and trash receptacles and picks up litter throughout the exterior areas of the campus. Maintains compactor and landscape debris waste containers.
- Monitors and performs routine maintenance on landscape sprinkler/irrigation systems. Repairs, adds and replaces irrigation system components as needed.
- Coordinates the preventative maintenance program of all grounds tools and equipment to include cleaning, sharpening, minor tune-ups, charging, and function checks.
- Coordinates the preventative maintenance program of all grounds tools and equipment to include cleaning, sharpening, minor tune-ups, charging, and function checks. Follows safety standards in all aspects of performance of the above functions, reports/removes unsafe equipment and attends safety education sessions.
Must be able to operate all required equipment used in landscaping. Must be capable of functioning independently as well as in a team environment to complete all necessary duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with grounds keeping maintenance equipment.
One or more years of diversified grounds keeping / landscaping work experience as a groundskeeper with the ability to demonstrate skills of related fields.Possession of a current driver's license preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website