Primary City/State:Greeley, Colorado
Department Name:Banner Staffing Services-WR
Job Category:Marketing and Communications
Primary Location Starting Range:$20.00/hr - $20.00/hr
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Explore and excel. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Staffing Services. Apply today.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
This position is responsible for scheduling across the system for physicians, medical facilities and medical practices by coordinating all aspects of scheduling including, but not limiting to, facility resources, physicians, authorizations, insurance verification, benefits and setting payment expectations to ensure an exceptional customer experience at each point of service. Using a broad understanding of customer engagement strategies, clinical procedures and company facilities, this position provides accurate and timely information to create an experience that is easy, empathetic and differentiated in the marketplace.
1. Schedules medical appointments through coordination of patients, providers, facility resources, ancillary staff, records, referrals, authorizations and payers. Receives and initiates calls to/from patients, providers, provider offices and facilities, while following all established scheduling procedures and protocols to ensure patients receive the care they need, when and where they need it.
2. Effectively schedules appointments, tests and/or procedures leveraging various electronic medical record / scheduling software systems according to protocols established by clinical staff and scheduling standards. Identifies alternative schedule solutions in the event patient's preference is not available, while adhering to procedures and protocols and ensuring patient safety.
3. Obtains patient demographics, insurance information and necessary documents required to secure authorizations, referrals, or other data as determined by various facilities and insurance carriers. Responsible for obtaining and properly documenting all necessary and accurate data during the intake/registration process. Acquires and documents pertinent patient medical information in accordance with procedural guidelines.
4. Provides patients with information, pre and post-test instruction, provides location of appointment and directions. This position answers questions as necessary within guidelines and protocols. Refers questions to medical offices as appropriate. Ensures patient has “no surprises” at point of service by setting payment expectations, as well as, providing estimated payment detail where applicable.
5. Effectively communicates and builds impactful relationships through written, digital and verbal channels with patients, facilities, providers and other clinical colleagues to ensure an easy, empathetic, solution-orientated patient experience, included but not limited to phone, chat, email, electronic medical record messaging and other digital channels. Anticipates patient and provider needs and responds accordingly.
6. Solicits, labels, stores and manages scanned documents and orders received from physician offices in the document imaging software system. Ensures that all appropriate documents are received prior to appointments and ensures that orders are compliant with each facility's policy.
7. Where applicable, collects pre-payments and verifies insurance coverage to ensure “no surprises” and enable patient ease.
8. Services inbound and outbound customer and staff communications for all facilities in the states in which they operate. Works with various departments and staff to provide accurate managed care information.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with minimum of 1 or more years of customer service or related experience in a healthcare setting, such as medical office/clinic or hospital scheduling. Other acceptable experience includes lab, medical transcription, medical assistant or receptionist in a medical setting or other equivalent experience. Demonstrated ability to provide essential customer service and knowledge in a high paced inbound contact center environment Ability to use technology tools to research and obtain accurate information to respond to customer inquiries via incoming calls, emails and/or instant messaging/chat avenues while maintaining a professional solutions and service-oriented demeanor at all times. Effective ability to build customer loyalty through positive customer interactions and provide an easy experience. Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and typing skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to maintain a positive and helpful attitude with customers, providers and clinic operations. Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above. Must have the ability to acquire and utilize a sound knowledge of the company's customer information systems. Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills. Accurate and efficient keyboarding skills, the ability to work effectively with common office software are required. Requires effective teamwork skills and the ability to meet deadlines and productivity standards.
Experience in an in-bound call center or scheduler in a practice management environment preferred. Knowledge of payor contract terms and processes preferred. Some level of familiarity with medical terminology strongly preferred. Knowledge of payor contract terms and processes is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website