Primary City/State:Glendale, Arizona
Department Name:Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Job Category:General Operations
Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference – you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
This position manages a complex caseload of patients by providing comprehensive nutritional assessments and nutrition-focused physical exams, developing and managing all aspects of appropriate nutrition care plans and monitoring outcomes of plans. Provides patient and family nutrition counseling and education. Develops Nutrition Standards of Practice and Education material in collaboration with peers. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary Health Care team providing input into patient care policies, programs, quality improvement activities and provides in-service education in areas of expertise.
1. Provides comprehensive nutrition assessment of patients' nutritional needs, to include nutrition-focused physical exams as appropriate. Obtains timely and appropriate data and analyzes/interprets data based on evidence-based standards and established practice guidelines.
2. Demonstrates and maintains competency in enteral and parenteral clinical practice protocols and oral nutrition management standard of practice as demonstrated by successful completion of initial competency exams and ongoing evaluation.
3. Writes orders to initiate and manage the nutrition care and of all assigned patients including those receiving nutrition support (parenteral and enteral nutrition) per protocols.
4. Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and communicates effectively to the other members of the healthcare team to provide optimal nutrition outcomes. Provides pertinent information in the medical records, patient plans of care and/or clinical pathways while meeting requirements of regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, State and Local Agencies).
5. Provides nutrition education to patients, families, staff and other health care team professionals through the development of effective teaching materials and in-service programs; Evaluates patient and/or family response to education.
6. Provides leadership in area of coverage, monitors proper patient care procedures and acts as liaison with nursing areas. May participate in process improvement teams. Serves as mentor to new staff and interns where assigned.
7. Participates in continuous quality improvement activities in clinical areas to ensure optimal nutrition care outcomes are achieved. May participate in outcome studies as needed. In some roles, this position may manage assigned staff: recruits, selects, trains, evaluates, manages performance.
8. This position interacts with patients, families, health care providers and nutrition and dietary staff in support of providing high quality nutrition assessment, care planning, delivery and measurement of outcomes. Position communicates effectively and provides education to ensure optimum nutritional care. Position works independently and provides guidance to nutrition services staff in the development of nutrition plans. Position may also provide community education.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Must possess knowledge of nutrition and dietetics demonstrated through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics. Must be a Registered Dietitian or RD Eligible (academic and professional requirements as defined by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association; RD credentials within 6 months of hire). Must hold current registration through the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the American Dietetic Association and be able to maintain ongoing registration while providing verification of registration annually. Maintains current licensure as required by State law.
Must be able to communicate effectively and function independently. Must be effective at prioritizing assigned patient case load.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or at Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website