If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Health. With facilities in six western states, we're committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
Banner Health is looking for a Research Project Coordinator to join the Banner MD Anderson Cancer program as well as partner and work with the North Colorado team! Exciting opportunity to handle the study start up process & regulatory responsibilities. This is a full time position located at the Gateway MDA Gilbert location, M-F no weekends no holidays!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About North Colorado Medical Center
A 378-bed Level II trauma center and acute care facility with over 3000 employees, North Colorado Medical Center is the largest hospital in the region. As a regional medical center, we provide community-based and specialty services for a service area that includes southern Wyoming, western Nebraska, western Kansas and northeastern Colorado. In order to provide the most compassionate and innovative care possible, we bring together state-of-the-art technology and an exceptional team of health care professionals. For the healthcare professional, our Greeley, Colorado location offers access to a wide variety of recreational activities in an inviting, close-knit community.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for coordinating/and or implementing most aspects of a research project, and/or have primary responsibility for a specialized component of a research project. This includes developing project written materials, as well as recruiting organizations and individuals to participate in research, and data collection and storage.
- Develops project documents, written materials and procedures. This may include consent forms and other materials required for review by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Participates in the development of data collection questionnaires and related communication materials directed towards research participants and customers. May write training or instruction manuals or other materials required by the projects. Writes or assists with the development of annual progress reports and other reports required by funding agencies, or research proposals or articles for publication.
- Ensures optimal data collection and storage of project data. Works with research scientists and leadership to establish the appropriate data collection methods required to gather relevant data. Coordinates the collection of data based on project goals. Coordinates data set up and entry through manual or technical means.
- Supports leadership in the development of research project implementation strategies. This may include recruitment strategies and engagement of community members to promote project activities.
- May coordinate project activities with outside vendors, customers, and/or governmental/regulatory agencies.
- Works with scientists and other key leadership to ensure proper staffing to carry out the research project within established timeframes.
- May participate in the budgetary management of research projects. This may include the development of project budgets for the inclusion in research proposals, adjusting budgets on funded projects as required to deal with agency budget cuts, and monitoring project spending.
- Serves as a liaison to other departments and programmatic areas, as well as community agencies.
Must possess knowledge of research methodologies as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelors degree in the social sciences or healthcare field.
Experience typically gained through two to four years clinical research experience. Ability to communicate effectively with research staff and with program personnel and research participants, both verbally and in writing. Must have excellent organizational and task management skills. Familiarity with research design and methods. Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and study information. Requires ability to adhere to the principles of confidentiality governing research. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Masters degree preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website