If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Staffing Services. To achieve our vision, we seek driven professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen.
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
About Banner Staffing Service AZ
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position selects and places surgical instruments, supplies and equipment during surgery. Scrubs and provides instruments, sutures, and other sterile supplies during surgical procedure.
- Prepares for surgical procedures. Pulls appropriate instruments and supplies and ensures good working order of instruments. Reviews case carts for correct instruments and supplies. Plans ahead for upcoming surgical case needs.
- Anticipates the surgeon's needs. Passes instruments, retracts tissue and operates equipment during surgery.
- Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash and places used supplies into case cart for processing. Participates in counting of sharps, instruments and sponges. Prepares instruments for cleaning following each case.
- Ensures that all surgeon preference cards and pick lists are accurate.
- Assists with OR turnover between cases. Participates in stocking, replenishing supplies and cleaning operating rooms.
- May provide business support to the department including assigned administrative tasks.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge and current basic life support certification.
Where applicable must be registered with State Regulatory Agency
The position requires manual dexterity and the ability to maintain professional decorum in highly stressful emergent situations. The position requires the ability to be conscientious, organized, and orderly and the ability to respond quickly to the needs of the surgeon and patient.
Must stay abreast of new developments in the field.
Graduation from a certified school of surgical technology or 2 years of operating room experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website