Primary City/State:Tempe, Arizona
Department Name:Banner Academy-School
Job Category:Clinical Care
Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others.”
If you are a certified Special Education Teacher in Arizona, with emotional disabilities or cross-categorical certification, or middle school or high school Science, Math, English or Social Studies Teacher in Arizona,. . . . then we want to hear from you! This teaching position is a non-contractual position with excellent Banner Health benefits. You are a full-time, year-round employee, which allows working throughout the year. The Banner Academy school calendar is aligned with the majority of the Phoenix area school districts, but summer school is also offered.
Banner Academy is a nationally accredited private day school located in Tempe AZ. We provide educational services for students in grades 4-12 who are emotionally fragile, learning disabled or high functioning on the autism spectrum. Our school has five classrooms and operates with a 6:1 student to staff ratio. The therapeutic learning environment is structured and individualized focusing on academics as well as the social emotional health of the student.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.For more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems. Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
This position provides academic instruction to patients/students K-12 in various academic areas with a primary focus on individualized instruction in accordance with school, state, and accreditation standards and guidelines.
1. Provides academic instruction to students in various academic areas with a primary focus on individualized instruction in accordance with school, state, and accreditation standards and guidelines. Performs academic and needs assessments as necessary. Ensures students' progress in relation to goal objectives.
2. Responsible for the education of students. Develops lesson plans and curriculum unless provided by the school to ensure educational needs are being met. Provides specialized instructional techniques/activities through individual sessions designed to meet the educational needs of children, including use of online resources and computer software. Orders appropriate educational material based on needs.
3. Manages education plans and provides ongoing support. Properly communicates and provides feedback. Maintains/prepares grading, progress reports, individualized education program (IEP), transcripts, and educational summaries. Records and gathers data for program requirements.
4. Assists - with coordination of school re-entry visits as needed. Provides parents with home strategies as appropriate to the child.
5. Maintains a safe, clean and organized learning environment, whether at child's bedside or classroom setting.
6. May provide instruction in non-academic areas and transportation services to students.
7. This position services the special educational needs of students. Interacts with all disciplines within the facility including nursing, family therapists, case managers and adjunctive therapies. Outside the facility, interacts with case managers, probation officers, school psychologists, school counselors, school teachers, officials from other treatment facilities and parents of students.
Bachelor's degree in education or related field and necessary certification from the Arizona Department of Education. Teachers in the Behavioral setting are required to possess a special education teaching certificate. Internship in secondary or special education as required by state and/or has the necessary college hours according to the accreditation association.
Must be certified by the state to teach a content area at middle and high school levels.
Requires knowledge typically achieved with 1 – 2 years of experience in related setting. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, creative thinking, prioritizing and flexible problem solving. Requires ability to apply learning principles. May be required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company's auto insurance policy
Employees working at Banner Academy must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website