Web Operations Manager
The Web Operations Manager is responsible for gathering technical and functional requirements to manage front-end development of website activities, making web adjustments that will impact consumer facing initiatives, scheduling/publishing promotions, and other site updates. This position ensures that all project requirements are met and UX/UI friendly. Multitasking skills are important to prioritize activities, complete testing and ensure consistency across the site. This position has a partial work from home opportunity with required days at the corporate headquarters in Bassett, VA. The expected salary range is $65,000-$75,000 anually.
- Promote website understanding and educate internal users on upcoming feature releases that impact front-end development to guarantee smooth implementation;
- Assist product team to identify data bugs, publishing errors, and create a bug-free user experience;
- Utilizing knowledge and extensive experience with handling a CMS, create templates and understand how to repurpose components in a structured design system;
- Stay aware of emerging technologies - especially front-end technologies - and how they might benefit our business;
- Identify strategic areas of improvement including page speed for site performance, code optimization and unit testing;
- Ensure the website meets all global compliance requirements, including data privacy, user accessibility, and other relevant laws and regulations.
- Technical strength a must, with great design aesthetics, typography, layout, spacing, and other relevant skills, while keeping UX top priority;
- Experience with A/B testing, UX/UI, cross-browser responsive web design techniques;
- Communicates effectively and interprets information and breaks down complex topics to digestible, actionable pieces;
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce, Service and Marketing Cloud a plus;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, web development or related field
- 3-5 years proven experience managing web initiatives
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud and certification a plus
- Great understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Bassett Furniture Industries is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category. Bassett is dedicated to ensuring that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated consistently during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veterans status or other protected category.
Apply on company website