ATE - Audio Video Productions Teacher
Classes: (i) Principles of Audio Video, (ii) Audio Video I, (iii) Audio Video II
(iv) Practicum of Audio Video
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject
area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social
growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level
ESL Endorsement preferred
Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
At least one year student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board
policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special
education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
9. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Student Growth and Development
10. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
13. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
14. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and
emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
18. Assume responsibility for written lesson plans for substitutes.
19. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students,
principals, and teachers.
20. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
21. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development
22. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
23. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
24. Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents
25. Attend and participate in faculty and district meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Supervise assigned teacher aide(s).
Maintain emotional control under stress
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
Move small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment
Apply on company website