Job Title: Texas ACE – Site Assistant Wage/Hour Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Director Of Communications Pay Grade: $10/hour
Dept./School: Community Relations Date Revised: 01/2019
Under general supervision, and according to established guidelines and lesson plans, the Texas ACE Site Assistant supervises an assigned group of children. The Site Assistant will help to provide the necessary physical and emotional care while carrying out developmental activities. The employee will help develop goals for the children, and evaluate each child's progress. The employee is responsible for communication with parents.
High School Diploma or GED preferred (at least 18 years of age)
Must be able to nurture children, plan and implement age-appropriate activities for them
Must be able to learn, follow, and alter (if appropriate) recurrent work routines and schedules
Must be able to take initiative
Must be able to interact with parents in a professional manner and elicit the trust necessary to handle daily communication with parents effectively
Must be able to take direction and work cooperatively with others
Must be able to supervise a group of children while attending to the immediate needs of one child
Some experience working with children
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist and supervise children during all activities.
- Counsel children when social, academic or adjustment problems arise.
- Develop, plan, and prepare instructional aides/materials for activities.
- Ensure that appearance, cleanliness, and safe environment of site is appropriately maintained.
- Assist children with meal/snack time and clean-up.
- Complete all site paperwork, i.e., daily notes, student accident reports, attendance records.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, site events and parent meetings as requested.
- Prepare and implement lesson plans/programs, organization and schedule.
- Accept temporary work assignments.
- In the event the site supervisor is not available, take responsibility for the site.
- Implement a weekly lesson plan.
- Ensure that all indoor and outdoor equipment is in good working condition and is used/maintained properly.
- Physically arranges the site prior to arrival.
- Clean up site when children depart.
- Communicate appropriate information to parents.
- Maintain documentation on all aspects of site and children.
- Create and maintain directions, schedules and expectations to be used by a substitute teacher for
planned and unplanned regular teacher absences.
- Maintain site postings.
- Assist with the training of new site personnel and substitute teachers.
- Assist with planning and implementing events.
- Actively monitor children who are transported by bus after programming (optional).
- Present a professional attitude including ethical and responsible behaviors.
- Maintain knowledge of children's intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and character development and the importance of the development of all of these.
- Convey a sense of integrity and warmth and a genuine caring for the development of each child.
- Maintain confidentiality for parents, children, staff and management.
- Meet all state and district requirements for the position including maintaining required training
hours where applicable.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Physically and mentally able to perform the essential duties of the position without hazard to themselves or others. Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, perform grasping and handling motions and torso rotations on a continuous basis; lift and carry 20 pounds of materials; reach in all directions. Adequate sight or corrected vision for the purpose of reading directions and printed or written materials; hear and speak to communicate with co-workers, students and the public; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate instructional equipment. Work in classroom and outdoor environment, sometimes in adverse weather conditions. Willingness to work on weekends when staff development or other activities such as field trips are scheduled.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
Apply on company website