LPN PRN- Procedural Department with Pain Procedures
No Call No Weekend, 5:00 am - 5:00 pm, hours vary based on procedure schedule
JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION:
Administers nursing care to designated patients under the direction/supervision of a Registered Nurse. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties in accordance with the needs of the age population served as defined in the department's scope of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Performs patient care according to standards of care and the needs of the patient.
- Collects data from patient and family for R.N. evaluation and development of a teaching plan.
- Teaches family and patients.
- Safely and properly administers medications as ordered by physician.
- Performs treatments as prescribed by physician.
- Uses the nursing care plan in daily assignments, able to review, and, under supervision, modify the plan of care.
- Directs and assists ancillary nursing staff with assigned duties.
- Monitors IVs and blood for proper functioning and reports any untoward side effect to the R.N. immediately.
- Starts IVs prn and as ordered by physician.
- Recognizes patient care priorities, multidisciplinary treatment plans, and potential patient care crises.
2. Collects data essential to R.N. Assessment and reports deviations from normal to the R.N.
- Collects assessment data within eight hours of admission, as observed by chart review.
- Assist with reassessing patient according to unit standards and/or hospital policy, as patient needs dictate and reports pertinent changes in patient status to the R.N.
3. Maintains patient records and charts to ensure an accurate record of the patient's medical treatment.
- Documents appropriately in all assigned patient records.
- Accurately documents medication administration, treatments, collected data, interventions, and unusual occurrences, as observed by chart review.
- Completes documentation before end of shift, as observed by chart review.
- Demonstrates ability to observe and record the signs, symptoms, and behaviors including the physiological status of patients.
4. Performs all other duties as assigned.
One-year experience preferred
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Current La. License as a Licensed Practical Nurse
Apply on company website