JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Performs a wide variety of tasks and operations to prepare and cook food for patients, employees, visitors and special functions. Job performed appropriately for the age population served, as defined in the department's scope of service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Demonstrates proficiency in basic food preparation techniques.
- Prepares, washes, trims, and seasons food items for each meal.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipes.
- Uses a variety of kitchen utensils and equipment such as blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, and tenderizers with proficiency.
2. Consistently produces a good quality product.
- Cooks a variety of foods following standardizes recipes and methods of preparation.
- Meets department standards in baking, roasting, broiling and steaming meats, fish and other foods.
- Observes and tastes food being cooked and adds ingredients or seasoning to improve flavor or texture as needed.
- Tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and/or piercing to determine that it is cooked.
- Correctly adjusts heat controls and timers on ovens, grills, etc. as required.
3. Demonstrates good judgment in the ability to organize workflow.
- Coordinates distribution of food to serving units at specified time.
- Carves portions of meat, fish and fowl for individual servings and prepares food for serving units.
- Apportions servings according to menu combinations or orders for patients.
4. Maintains sanitation, health and safety standards in the work area.
- Consistently ensures that proper techniques are used in the storage, handling and holding of all food items, including leftovers.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment appropriately and safely.
- Maintains a sanitary and safe work area at all times.
5. Performs all other duties as assigned.
One year commercial or institutional cooking experience preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge of cooking measures/procedures.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: incident reporting, handling wastes, sharps and linens, PPE, hand washing, exposure control plans, environmental rounds to ensure safety.
Apply on company website