SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE!
Come join a team of Microbiology Professionals that are committed to utilizing special skills and knowledge to provide quality results for the community in which we serve.
The Baton Rouge General Medical Center- Mid City Laboratory is a full-service reference laboratory with the capability to perform Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Serology, and Microbiology testing. Within our Microbiology department we practice the disciplines of Bacteriology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, and Molecular Microbiology.
You will be responsible for pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of microbiology-based testing using both automated and manual analytical methods. You will participate in proficiency test and CAP readiness activities.
If you share our passion for Clinical Microbiology we urge you to apply now!
Educational Opportunities within the first year of employment include:
- Our employees are provided required continuing education specific to their training as well as organizational wide continuing education to maintain their competency both as a clinical scientist as well as a hospital employee.
- New equipment and technology education is provided both internally and externally by the laboratory and manufacturers of equipment.
- Staff are offered opportunities and encouraged to also attend webinars and workshops.
- Tuition reimbursement is available for those employees wanting to further their education is their area of expertise. We do work with staff schedules to allow for continuing education.
- Technologists may be assigned extra duties to support lab compliance and talent management goals. Examples are taking the lead to implement new testing, becoming a mentor/trainer for new personnel, representing the lab as a front-line employee on Quality Improvement projects, and assisting the research department with specific specimen protocols.
- Our lab is accredited by the CAP (College of American Pathologists). Our lab personnel actively participate as CAP team members performing regulatory inspections of peer hospitals in our region in addition to on-site self-inspections.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Degree from an accredited clinical laboratory scientist/ technician program
- Current Clinical Laboratory Scientist-Technician or Clinical Laboratory Scientist-Generalist license issued by the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners.
- ASCP Certification
- New Medical Technology graduates are welcome to apply
- Must have current Clinical Laboratory Scientist/ Technician license issued by the state of Louisiana
- Must have a passion for Microbiology
- Must have strong communication skills and a proven record of excellent attendance and customer service.
Apply on company website