JOB PURPOSE OR MISSION: Provide Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation services to all patients at a level consistent with BRRH mission, vision, and values. Works collaboratively with and under the direct supervision of a nurse to participate in the delivery of patient care for the improvement of quality of life for patients and families. Job is performed appropriately for the age population served as defined in the department's scope of care.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides direct patient care and assists the nursing staff with patient duties.
• Provides personal care assistance to patients, including bathing, feeding, personal hygiene, and ambulating.
• Reports changes in the patient's condition, in a timely and accurate manner, to the patient's primary nurse.
• Performs technical skills that incorporate the patient's plan of care and comfort measures given to patients.
• Assists with the initiation and removal of non-invasive monitoring equipment, as directed.
• Answers patient call lights, anticipates needs, and makes rounds to assigned patients.
• Assists with the collection and transport of specimens in accordance with the universal precaution policy.
• Retrieves medications from pharmacy in accordance with BRRH policy.
• Assists with the admission, discharge and transfer of patients to the unit.
• Performs effectively in emergency response situations in accordance with BRRH Code Blue Policy.
2. Maintains patient records and charts to ensure an accurate record of the patient's medical treatment.
• Documents patient care accurately and appropriately in all assigned patient records.
• Continually gathers data to assist Nurse with developing plan of care.
• Obtains and documents complete vital signs of patients, including temperature, blood pressure, weight, respiration, and pulse.
• Documents intake and output as assigned.
3. Performs clerical or Unit Clerk duties as assigned.
• Receives and assists visitors to the unit in accordance with Everyday Excellence values.
• Assures nursing unit and telephones are attended at all times.
• Stocks and maintains supplies in patient care area.
4. Practices appropriate safety, environmental, and infection control procedures.
• Performs waste removal from all areas of the patient care unit.
• Actively participates in maintaining the cleanliness of the patient care environment and nursing station.
• Ensures patient safety by adhering to BRRH Safety Policy guidelines.
• Assists in patient transport.
• Follows BRRH policies and procedures related to the operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Assists with the preparation and return of instruments to decontamination for sterilization.
• Performs or assists others to perform proper aseptic technique, isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Previous job experience preferred.
SPECIAL SKILL, LICENSE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
Preferred Certified Nursing Assistant Certification or Basic EMT Certification or Military Medic experience or Nursing Student with completion of fundamental nursing clinical in RN program desired.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable HIPAA regulations appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Medical records without limitation both paper and electronic, patient demographics, lab and radiology results, patient information related to surgery or appointment schedules,
medical records related to quality/data, patient financial information, patient billing 3rd party, patients related complaints, information related to patient location, and/or patient's religious beliefs.
Maintains knowledge of and adherence to all applicable safety practices appropriate to Job Position including but not limited to: Incident reporting, handling of wastes, sharps and linen, PPE, exposure control plans, hand washing, environment of care, patient identification, transporting patients,
transporting medications and blood, and monitoring clinical alarms.
Apply on company website